Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Old lessons being learned again.

When I get into work every morning the first thing I do is to write in my journal. I write about what I'm grateful for, what I'm trying to achieve, and generally how I'm feeling. I also write "today I will...." and write what I'm going to do today to get me one step closer to my goals. I noticed that in trying to keep myself positive and focused daily I write things that sound an awful lot like the bumper stickers I refused to put on my car. I've been sober for quite a while now and have had a chance to hear a bunch of different views and philosophies on sobriety and success and you know, they all seem very similar. I guess in my long rambling manner I'm saying that all the things I have heard in meetings and all the sayings I've grown numb to, have great meaning to people when they need it. I had forgotten about "One day at a time". With the stresses of running my businesses and trying to be the best husband and father I can, it seems that "One day at a time has more meaning to me now than it did when I first got sober. Whatever you get meaning and support from, grab hold of it and wear it out. Life changes so much so fast that sometimes I find myself back at the beginning. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. You tried to contact me through Associated Content to write a reveiw of your book. I appreciate the very nice letter you wrote, as well as your continued sobriety, but the truth is that I only responded to that article through AC to pick up a paycheck. I simply sat down with the telephone book and typed away. I did try to respond to you through AC, but I could not get my email to go through at the designated link. Thanks for contacting me though, and best to you for continued success. E.S.

    ReplyDelete