Monday, June 18, 2007

Expectations

Have you heard the old saying "Be careful what you wish for it may come true"? I'll be damned it it isn't right on target. I'll preface this by saying that life is life. Sometimes bad stuff happens. Sometimes you have absolutely no control on people and events. With that being said, I have worked very hard over the past 9 months to change my attitude and default way of thinking. I have carried around with me the beliefs that I had when I was a sixteen years old and drinking and getting high. Back then I didn't expect anything good to happen. I usually assured myself of back situations with my bad decisions. Now I'm 37 years old. I have a wife, 2 kids, I own my own business and my decisions are much more responsible. I have noticed that over the past 9 months of expecting things to go well and being focused on how I will be happy and have the life I want, things actually have gone well! Someone told me a while back that "We travel the path of our expectations." Where is your path leading you?

No comments:

Post a Comment