Monday, August 6, 2007

Something has Changed!

The last year has been very good for me. I have had some business challenges that made me want to quit and walk away and some personal issues as well. I hyave been extremely busy and get frustrated from time to time with all I have to do. I was talking with my wife over the weekend and realized that things have been hectic but everything has gone real well. We have achieved a bunch of stuff together this year all with a smile on our faces! I thought; why have things gone so well? Why when faced with more than we have been in the past, why have we risen instead of sinking? It's because we have changed. My wife and I agreed that we were happy and were grateful as hell for all we have and our wonderful family. (we have 2 boys ages 6 & 7 that are such great kids!)But we decided we wanted to live better more fulfilling lives. There has to more than work and money! We took the time to ask what would really makes HAPPY not just occupied. We asked ourselves what it would take to make that happen and took the first steps. We know it will take time and constant improvement but we're doing more and living more and are doing it with a smile on our faces. Just deciding to do something was the best step we have taken. I have more patients with my boys and gotten a little clearer on what is really important. I sincerely hope that all my fellow addicts and alcoholics can not only get sober and repair their lives but see all the amazing things that are waiting to be found by them.

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Its VERY easy to get TOO busy in recovery. Set FAR too high standards for oneself. Glad you guys have eased up a bit.

    ReplyDelete