Wednesday, August 15, 2007

How Well do You Deal with Change?

All the circumstances that have formed my life have all changed. Everything that I know and rely on right now will change. Some folks like change, I personaly am a fan of change. Some folks truly dislike change, my wife being one of them. Regardless of you feelings on change it is going to happen. The real trick is to understand that you have some say in how change will happen. You can either let it happen and wait for the outcome or you can affect change by your behavior and decisions. If you keep drinking and getting high the changes will not be pretty. If you stop your destructive behavior the changes will be for the better. My father told me a hundred times; " A year from now you will be one year older. Who you are and what you are in one year is up to you". I hope someone hears that and uses it a lot quicker than I did.

2 comments:

  1. heheh I think I'm a bit stubborn and I get upset when I realise that my former approach is, in fact, redundant. If it is the only way I know how to do things, I despair as to how to re-learn the whole thing. I nearly always assume I will fail, which doesn't help. Some people thrive on changes. I find them slightly alarming and unsettling. I do them anyway. Old ideas are the hardest to give up. But you just have to perservere. I like to think I get there in the end. In fairness, i have some pretty big changes going on at the moment, so I'm not so hard on myself that I find them a bit daunting. I'm pretty sure others would too.
    Thanks for sharing your dad's quote. Liked that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Change is scary but once we walk thru it I discover it is not all that bad. Funny how our mind can become a beast.

    Thank you for your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete